Friday 30 August 2019

The subtle art of sharing things out loud- Now & Me

Have you ever had those awkward moments when you get up to give them a hug because you really feel like giving and having one but just can't?

Dear you,

I don't know if I am really comfortable to take her name publicly because I don't really think I can. But today, I want to thank and hug you for looking into my eyes every time no body else could see what I was trying to hide. If you read this, you'll somehow know who you are. But a part of me does not want you to read this. This is how much I suck at being blunt and straight up on the face about my feelings.

While I'm writing this, there is this constant feeling of blurting out everything and all the good memories we had and the good times we shared. Had? Yes, we don't really have them anymore somehow! But trust me, I remember everytime I came up to you and just mumbled everything in one go and how patiently evertime you heard to all the shit I made up day and night. But this is what friends are for, you taught me this shit secretly.

You know what- you were never a priority, you still are not. But if I am writing about you at a place that's closest to my heart, you must be holding an important place in my heart. Time must have put us into different worlds but a sight of you still feels soothing and no matter how much I try to fake and stay apart, a part of me is still loyal to the love it received.

Thank you for being the first, thank you for the good memories and all the day dreams we had. Thank you for the jokes we shared, the high 5s, the blurt it out moments, the nightmare sharing sessions, the days, the chats we had (did we even chat?), the support, the laughter, the confrontations, those few bad memories and everything. Thank you.

This constant reminder from life that our time together is limited is hurting me day and night. I wish I could talk more. But, in this world full of people who ask 'what are you doing?', thanks for being my 'how are you doing?'.


Love
Me


PS: I suck at sharing a few things directly with the people I should talk to about but you should not. Mummy ne sikhaya hai na koi kuee me kude to uske peeche tumhe nahi kudna? So, stop keeping things inside and start sharing. It's not tough, you just have to - Say it out loud.  If not with the people you want to talk to, try talking at Now & Me.



It's a platform where you can talk about just anything and everything being anonymous and nobody would judge you. Because they know how important it is to ask people ' How're you doing?'. I've shared my share of secrets with them. Have you tried it? Go, give it a shot and thank me later. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish, if there would have been a like button, I would have liked this from more than 10 accounts.

    Honestly, this needs to be spread in air. It really takes hell lot of courage to blurter out somethings but this is life, OUR LIFE and we will not let them be our controller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww, thank you so much. Honestly, we need to talk. Talking is extremely important Ishan. I would never share this with the one I wanted to, but won't really mind talling all of this to people who are my priority.

      That's how life is, complicated yet beautiful. ❤

      Delete