Saturday 13 October 2018

Turning 25

Dear Soul Chutney,

It was a private ritual that I started some years back of writing birthday letters to my own self about the lessons that I learnt that year, about how I would like to move on, about how I was feeling at that particular moment and it was always amazing to read them again. This year, I had a thought of writing a blog post about it which made me write all of it. 


25th it was. Happy belated 25th to me. Wondering why I broke the ritual of writing a self letter and writing a public post? Even I am wondering about the same. But the reaaon could be the grown up feeling that I have, may be it is the maturity of voicing out my opinions publicly without the fear of being judged is making me do so. 

This year has been awesome in its own ways. I took years to understand one thing and then it just took a day to help me realise all of it. I learnt to keep moving on in life, to forgive others even when it's out of my principles, to listen to selective stories than all of them, to be a l'il more vocal about my thoughts, to know the difference between needs and wants, to know what's worth keeping and what's worth letting go. With the twists and turns that took place all emotionally and physically in the backdrop of my mind, I learnt to calm myself down, to relax, to understand that 'It's okay'. It's okay to not get everything that you wanted. It's okay if the world isn't fair as you are (C'mon, you are a libran, not everybody is that). And above all, I learnt that 'why' sbouldn't be the only question you need to ask, most of the times, 'why not' helps. It was this year that I finally decided to step out of home to explore what lies in the world outside I call home, it seems easy but it wasn't. Collecting all the faith on my own self, puking in every other city that I went to, learning different lessons every time, losing people in between has been the pros and cons of travelling. Hoping to be a l'il better of in health when I travel next. All of this was fine, tough but fine but this 25 days to go in my 25th brought another sudden change in my life which I never though would happen. Many of you might guess it right, I am working out on my diet. From an 'only junk-foodie', too much junkie, having junk every other day, I pledged to control on my habbit of having junk. I did it for 25 days straight before my birthday. Yeah! I deserve a big round of applause for that. But, okay, I am blushing now. 

Everyone, trust me, everyone around me wonders somewhere in the back of their mind why 2-months of celebration? Birthdays are cliche ageing process that just make you realise that you've completed one more year of your life. 

Frankly, I ask nobody to celebrate them with me. I love this personal space of 2-months that I spend loving myself to core. In the hustle bustle that we are a part of, we often forget to pamper ourself, to love ourself, I do it all in the 2 months. And, I have no regrets even if I look like a fool to everyone. I love my birthday, you should love yours too. ❤️

People who dance to the rhythm of my birthday beats with me love me the most, hate me the most for poking them that it's my birthday coming soon. And I don't do this to everyone. So, you must be very special to me to witness all of that. 

Cheers to all the lessons, beautiful memories of this year, some promises, new habbits, getting over some bad habbits, loss and addition of a few humans in my life, to the new me, the new inverted bob, fashion-conscious, still a crazy kid at heart girl who just turned 25. 

The clock seriously is ticking very fast, oh god, I hope I live up to my happiness goals & purposes in life and spread love. 

-Love
Mani


2 comments:

  1. another October person... thats lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another means? Are you an October born as well? ^_^

      Thanks for dropping by always. It's good to see you everytime.

      Keep writing. ❤️

      Delete