Wednesday 8 August 2018

Lansdowne: Away from the hustle-bustle!

Mom: What all did you visit today?
Mani: Maa, I can't hear you. Networks here are weak. I'll text you what all I did as soon as I get the networks.

My mom was shocked as soon as I told her that I visited no places other than the resort I was staying at during my weekend trip to Lansdowne. 

Are you confused too as to why I am writing a blog about it if I actually did nothing there? Let's clear your thought bubbles. 

In the far off hills of Uttarakhand lies a not so populated hill station that is still undiscovered by most of the humans. Less crowded, unexplored, well maintained, full of peace with amazing natural attractions, Lansdowne is located around 40 kilometers from Kotdwar, district Pauri, Garhwal. If you'are travelling from Delhi, it will not take more than 6-7 hours to reach this peaceful hill station.


I went there with my colleagues (who are actually family) the last weekend. Most people I consulted told me that it is not the right time to visit this place because it would be all rains and we won't be able to roam around in the streets and visit the tourist attractions every traveller talks about after coming back. This 'not-the-right-time' actually made Lansdowne one of the best trips for us among the rest that happened till now in 2018.

You know what, there's this old-fashioned belief that one needs to roam and visit all the famous spots around a city or destination to call it a trip. To those who believe in that, Uhu uhu, times are changing now and I think a trip to relax, a trip where you find time to slow-down your fast paced life back at home is more of a requirement. So, dear new-age travellers, I know you understand this need for peace, I know you will love this place. Trust me, there's no right time to visit places, all you need is a will to wander.

We stayed at the resort we booked (Astre Vue Resort) for a day, enjoyed the clouds that were walking with us, stared at the valley underneath, played indoor games in a glass room built just above a cliff with valleys on both sides, sing along with the guitar player that the resort arranged during the bornfire time and made memories.









A few 'what all we visited and did' shots for old-fashioned travellers.


St. Mary's Church
This isn't tea, I am a coffee person, remember.

The old bridge enroute Lansdowne.

On the way to Lansdowne.

An unknown, natural, surprize waterfall found on the way back.


I am sorry if I am not entertaining people here who want to know of the places they can visit when in Lansdowne. Take me along the next time and we'll check out those places together. For now, these are the places even I googled before travelling. This might help. Hell yeah, thank me later.

1. Tip and Top

2. Garhwali Museum

3. St. Mary's Church

4. Tarkeshwar Mahadev

Lansdowne Look-book:

The most important part of a trip is to stay comfortable and dressed as per the demands of the weather. Because I visited this place in the rainy season, I tasted both the flavors of pleasant and foggy mornings and chilling evening and nights. Here's a look-book of what I wore and where.

1. While travelling from Delhi to Lansdowne

Okay, what's better than your PJs to have a comfortable journey? I wore this relaxed Pajama with a soft round-neck tee while travelling from Delhi to Lansdowne. Also, just the color and print on my tee changed while I was coming back. So, there's no while coming back look. Also, I was too tired and all lazy to click a picture in that. Hope you don't mind, right?



2. Day 1: At Astre Vue Resort

This is the day we reached our resort which was about to be our home for the next two days, Astre Vue Resort. (Visit this link to check out the resort, it was one heaven there that I will cherish for lifetime). I wore this cute l'il blue bohemian dress (from Reliance Trends) with a pair of tan brown bellies to complete the look. Does this look remind you of the Nirma girl? No, no, I didn't pose for them in childhood. LOL!




3. Day 2: While roaming around the city in rains.

It was out final day in the city and it was raining hard. The non-stop rains made the weather a l'il cool. I wore this woolen dress from 109F and paired it again with the same rain-friendly belly. 


Tips: If you are visiting this place in the season like this i.e. Rains, make sure you carry a jacket, an umbrella, some rain-friendly flip-flops, waterproof bags, polybags and a hand-towel with you.




Life here in cities is tiring, routine based and polluted. Amidst all of the hustle bustle we face everyday, a weekend trip like this can rejuvenate both your mind, body and soul. 

ये वादियाँ ये फ़िज़ाएं बुला रही हैं तुम्हें 
खामोशियों की सदाएं बुला रही हैं तुम्हें |

तुम्हारी ज़ुल्फों से खुशबू की भीख लेने को
झुकी झुकी सी घटाएं बुला रही हैं तुम्हें | 

PS: Let me confess something today. I have anxiety disorders that makes me restless and and unwell (upset stomach, nausea) a week prior I am about to travel till the trip ends. Talk about my last 3 trips and ask the people I travel with, they will tell you about all my 'we're not taking you the next time' stories with heart-felt disgust. I was almost convinced that I am not made for travelling (even though I wasn't ready to stop) when Megha (my love) told me, 'have you noticed that with each trip your nausea disorders are reducing, you don't need to 'not travel', all you need is a l'il more travel darling'. So, this post is dedicated to you Megha. Thank you.  


So, when are you planning your visit to Lansdowne, the Unexplored Natural -Habitat for the new-age travellers.

About the trip:


Total expense: 3500

Travel: 1600 INR (We booked a traveller, a car or a bus might cost you below or equal to this amount)

Stay: 1300 INR per night (tripple sharing)

Food: 600 INR 

Stay: Astre Vue Resort (Stay, facility, rooms, service: 5/5, Location: 5/5, Food: 1/5)


Also, a special thanks to my Manager/friend Sourabh Raj for these amazing shots. :)

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha! It was a good time reading this one. Include more pictures of us, maybe! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding 'Pictures of us'is a l'il tough task. Pictures of group might help. Let me check and post some more glamour. Lol!

      Thank you. <3

      Delete
  2. Reading this was fun!��
    Weather of this less-known place is beautifully expressed..��it seems to be really a peaceful place as you said! Good one ��keep writing more.:* ��

    My favourite pic was the one with Shahrukh pose which you clicked but not posted here. That pic was supah cute!��������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ritzu. You should definitely viait this place for a closer experience.

      I love that boomerang too. <3 will post it soon. Kewp writing back.

      Delete
  3. This blog is nice and funny too. 😃
    Loved it. Beautiful pictures.
    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. This place was lovely and awesome too.
      Tickets karwa du kya?

      Shukriya for writing back always. <3

      Delete
  4. You missed some important points! What about sussu breaks and our bladder bursting experiences?? And our favourite petrol pump? How can you miss all this? Infact, you should create a guide for that too ��
    Nonetheless, loved this one because the connect is too strong and mutual ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! There's a need for one more blog post for all that sussu information. Har jagah jo kar ke aaye hai hum. Also, Lansdowne ka Prasad jo mujhe mila. 😂😂

      PS: KOO-KI-CHU. <3 <3

      Delete
  5. Very nice to read this one. This place seems very interesting and thanks for every useful information. As usual you are looking pretty in these shots. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isha. Your presence on every blog post is a pleasure indeed. :) Keep writing back. <3

      Delete
  6. Wow!!! It seems a very beautiful place.... Thanks for sharing this article...Very nice information for traveler ..thanks a lot for sharing this information.Thanks a lot for giving proper tourist knowledge and share the different type of culture related to different places. Fast Car Booking is one of the leading Delhi to Lansdowne Taxi and Cab Services provider in Delhi to all over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very helpful blog. I will also give you one more option for enjoying weekend inresorts in Lansdowne

    ReplyDelete